One of the most dynamic and fastest growing sports – Squash is exploding at the junior level. The Ivy League and other top colleges place a strong emphasis on their squash programs and often give consideration to applicants who play squash. Voted by Forbes magazine as the world’s #1 healthiest sport, squash is a great cardio workout that also provides ideal training for other sports. A lifetime sport, squash is a fun activity the whole family can participate in. A junior squash program, is run by our Coaching staff at Charlotte Squash Club. The program will emphasize squash techniques and strategies, fitness and sportsmanship.
Upcoming Clinic Dates and School Programs:
- SUNDAY CLINICS — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- CLINIC FOR 7-12 YEAR OLDS — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- CHARLOTTE PREP SCHOOL PROGRAM — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- CHARLOTTE LATIN SCHOOL PROGRAM — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- CHARLOTTE COUNTRY DAY and MYERS PARK GIRLS HIGH SCHOOL SQUASH TEAM — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- CHARLOTTE COUNTRY DAY MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- ARDREY KELL SCHOOL PROGRAM –SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
- MYERS PARK SCHOOL JUNIOR SQUASH PROGRAM — SCHEDULE AND MORE INFO HERE
Skill Level (skill level requirements must be met):
Mini Squash – A basic introduction to squash for 8 and under juniors. They will lean the game with a larger ball, enabling their skills to develop into rallies. A fun, exciting way to play the game.
Beginner – Intro to squash. Working on footwork, racquet skill and building a rally.
Good Beginner and Intermediate Beginner – A higher level of instruction and drills to complete the squash player’s skills. Introduce strategy in points and games.
Advanced – Continue building skills and strategy incorporating more attacking shots and volleys.
Cost: Cost varies depending on clinic. See clinic event for pricing.
Equipment required: Non-marking shoes, racquet, goggles (may be purchased from the club)
Play the pro Thursday nights!
Play a game against Coach
An example brochure of junior programming is posted below. Current times and days may have changed. Please check with Head Coach at firstname.lastname@example.org for current program offerings.